Sunday 26 October 2014

Artist Research - Rob Ryan


Cushion design for Wild & Wolf 2012

‘My home will have no windows doors or floors nor bricks or mortar, my only home is in your arms and nowhere else’

From http://robryanstudio.com/archive/

This is part of a collection Rob Ryan designed for British design led gift company Wild & Wolf, which also features glass and ceramics, notebooks and various textile items including shopping bags and bunting.

I love the contrast of the black on blue, especially as in my early work I enjoyed using contrasting colours, particularly black on white, and I confess I have developed a fondness for it. I like this design as the contrast is still present but the colour adds another element to it.

I am presuming that this was first cut out of paper then either scanned in in front of the colour or scanned first then filled in later. This really shows Ryan’s talent of paper cutting, with intricate shapes and delicately cut lines.

I could easily see the cushion as a centrepiece on any sofa from a modern to a more homely feeling living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment